Jakarta – BRIN Public Relations. Inauguration and Oath Taking ceremony for appointment of heads of research organizations and functional officials from transfer from Ministries/Institutions into the National Research and Innovation Agency was carried out today, Friday (04/03) at the Soemitro Djojohadikoesoemo Auditorium, BJ Habibie Building, Thamrin, Jakarta.
Head of BRIN Laksana Tri Handoko said that this installation is the follow up on the issuance of 12 BRIN Regulations concerning duties, functions, and structure of research organizations which was stipulated on 225 February 2022 and promulgated on 1 March 2022.
“This is still a hot topic and must be followed up on quickly. Thus, the old BRIN Regulation on Research Organizations is declared null and void. I thank former Acting Head of Research Organization (RO), who had helped me during this BRIN transition process. Congratulations to the 10 (ten) research professors who were appointed as heads of ROs through an open selection process, while 2 other heads of ROs are still assumed by Acting Officials,” said the Head of BRIN.
In his directives, the Head of BRIN hopes that these Heads of ROs can immediately work to run their research organizations quickly, synergistically, and collaboratively because science and technology human resources and the community are already waiting for the results of works in BRIN’s core businesses, and provide and mobilize more excellent public services.
“Please be ready to help BRIN, carry out duties and functions to your best in the shortest possible time. I reiterate that the focus of heads of research organizations and research centers is to manage research activities, so heads of ROs and RCs are not allowed to take responsibility for jobs outside their research activities, except for heads of RO who have additional authority to manage the research budget in the research program home (rumah program). Beyond that, it is the responsibility of the Secretariat and Deputy, “explained Handoko.
The officials appointed as heads of research organizations are as follows:
- Head of Earth Sciences and Maritime Research Organization – Prof. Dr. Ocky Karna Radjasa, M. Sc.
- Head of Biological and Environmental Research Organization – Dr. Iman Hidayat, S.Si.
- Head of Agricultural and Food Research Organization – Puji Lestari, S.P., M. Si., Ph. D.
- Head of Health Research Organization – Dr. Drh. NLP Indi Dharmayanti, M. Si.
- Head of Social Sciences and Humanities Research Organization – Dr. Ahmad Najib Burhani, M.A.
- Head of Governance, Economics, and Community Welfare Research Organization – Dr. Agus Eko Nugroho, S.E., M.Appl.Econ
- Head of Energy and Manufacturing Research Organization – Dr. Haznan Abimanyu, Dip. Ing.
- Head of Nanotechnology and Materials Research Organization – Prof. Dr. Ratno Nuryadi, M. Eng.
- Head of Electronics and Informatics Research Organization – Dr. Eng. Budi Prawara
- Head of Aviation and Space Research Organization – Dr. Rebertus Heru Triharjanto, B. Eng., M. Sc.
In addition, the inauguration ceremony was also held for transfer of functional officials from Ministries/Institutions for the second batch in a total of 789 civil servants, consisting of 641 researchers from various levels and 148 non-researchers.
The civil servant transfer researchers are as follows, 60 from the Ministry of Environment and Forestry; 217 from the Ministry of Health; 97 from the Ministry of Agriculture; 43 from the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources; 8 from BKKBN; 6 from the Attorney General’s Office; 2 from the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology; 2 from the Ministry of Law and Human Rights; 1 from the Geospatial Information Agency; and 1 from the Secretariat General of the House of Representatives.
“Researchers installed in the subsequent ceremony are 2 researchers from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology; 1 researcher from the Ministry of Religion; and 1 researcher from the Ministry of Home Affairs. The 148 non research civil servants, both from transfers and internal BRIN consist of: 47 engineers; 12 science and technology use analysts; 6 scientific data analysts; 6 scientific publication coordinators; 2 biological collection curators; and 75 Litkayasa technicians, all from various levels,” explained Handoko. (ap)